Tuesday 17 January 2012

Letter 14

This week, I wrote a letter to myself.

The people at More Love Letters are creating a love letter time capsule to yourself. You write off with your letter to you, enclose a stamp and then in a year's time it will wing it's way back to you. So you can judge the waffle for yourself.

Seriously, though, it was really interesting to sit and think about what encouragement I wanted to give back to myself. This year I am going to achieve a lot. I feel excited and focused, but ambitions can not succeed and I know that I tend to beat myself up if I don't manage all the things I strive for. So hopefully next year, a bit of condolence from me, won't be necessary - but if it is it's there.

It's also exciting to think about all the other things I'm doing: my offal eating, this letter writing, my numismatics, my herbal studies, my running, my tuba playing. Hopefully I'll realise all my ambitions with all these different things. It was really good to look ahead and think, yes, I'm on my way. Well I hope so.

The guess to take away is that it's good to take some time and really think about what you want to achieve. And also to think about how it's OK if all those tings don't happen. You are still special and wonderful, just very very busy.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    What a great idea you had, that to send yourself a letter, I loved it.
    I have joined the project to re-write letters, I hope to surprise someone with this, even more so if today the internet and mobile phone have made many other ways to communicate to a plane passing forgotten.

    I hope that this translation I've done the google translator valiendome is understandable lol.

    A hug,

    Piedad

    ReplyDelete