Monday 21 May 2012

Letter 30

This week my letter writing has been an emergency! As you might be aware, I'm part of the foodie penpals network. Lots of us follow each other on the twitter and it was to my dismay that I saw that Nicky hadn't received a package and she didn't think her pal was sending one at all! Oh no, the non-gender specific brotherhood can't have that, so I emailed Nicky to offer to send her a little package to make up for others slacking off. (I just don't like people to be disappointed.)

Nicky very kindly sent me a present in return (too kind really)which came in the shape of some seaweed foods. I really love seaweed. It's delicious and really easy to cook with, so I was well chuffed. Here is a picture of what I got in my under-the-radar penpal package:


There are lots of ways of getting involved with mail. One part of foodie penpals that I really enjoy, is writing the letter that goes with the package, explaining the foods, explaining what I've been doing to put it all together and why. It's another way of reaching out to people, seeing what others want to share and sharing the things you love with others. (My hibiscus phase is at a height now, so a couple of people have seen it now.)

Generosity comes in all shapes and sizes. From a packet of seaweed to giving the last pennies in your bank to charity ... Time is of course, precious to us all, but using it in a purposeful way can really make a difference.*

If you want to become a foodie penpal go here!

*Carrie Bradshaw brain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment