Monday 5 December 2011

Letter 8

This week I don't have a "letter goal". I feel a little bit lost. However I do have some things I've been meaning to send to people, so this week is, I guess, more letters week, than letter week.

The first missive is to a lady in Spain, who wanted to pal up for this project. I've sent a card that relates to my childhood *sob* and how places can shape you, even if you don't live there. The card is of the church I went to growing up in Lincolnshire - St Swithun's, Bicker.

I'm not sure if a Spanish lady wants a picture of a local church, but there you go! I think people like to learn the details about other people's lives through letters. Especially now letters are rarer, it seems like extra effort ought to be made with the aesthetics as well as the story.

This week also saw the start of Lucy's Christmas Card Bonanza, in order to catch the last worldwide post! I had a very festive time drinking fake mulled wine, watching The Snowman and writing the cards ...  Let the festive period commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment